About the work visa
Obtaining a valid work visa in New Zealand is a confusing process for first-time applicants. As time and money tend to be valid concerns, Auckland South Immigration Consultants Limited is happy to provide professional assistance to those who are skilled workers or who currently have an offer of employment and in need of an essential skills work visa for NZ. As there are additional registration requirements, it is always best to seek the help of our experts.
We intend to guide our clients during every step of the way to successfully obtain their working visa.
What to Do
- Applications under Essential Skills work instructions will not be approved unless they include an offer of employment in New Zealand which:
- Meets the requirements and
- Is for full-time employment; and
- Specifies payment for the work is by wages or salary.
- To apply for an approval in principle or to support a work visa application under Essential Skills work instructions, an employer must be the proposed direct employer. A direct employer is usually responsible for such things as:
- Payment of salaries;
- PAYE tax;
- Conditions of employment;
- Day-to-day supervision of the workplace and the employee.
Unless specifically stated otherwise all applicants for work visas must produce evidence to show that:
- They are suitably qualified by training and experience to do the job they have been offered; and
- They can meet any of the necessary New Zealand registration requirements; or
- They have an offer of employment
- All employers wishing to employ non-New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holders to work in New Zealand must comply with all relevant employment and immigration law in force in New Zealand. Compliance with relevant New Zealand employment and immigration law includes, but is not limited to:
- Paying employees no less than the appropriate statutory minimum wage or other contracted industry standard; and
- Meeting holiday and special leave requirements or other minimum statutory criteria, e.g. health and safety obligations; and
- only employing people who have authority to work in New Zealand
- Evidence or confirmation of past and future compliance with employment and immigration law may include but is not limited to:
- Employment agreements with workers which demonstrate compliance; and
- A recognised history with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and employment of past compliance
- To ensure that the objective of work visa instructions is met, immigration officers may require employers to provide evidence that the rate of pay offered to non-New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder workers is not less than the market rate for New Zealand workers in that occupation
WHAT WE DO
As Auckland’s leading immigration Consultants, we are experts at assisting those who would like to migrate to New Zealand.
Whether it is a skilled migrant visa, work to residence visa, work visa, essential skills work visa, residence visa or something else that you require, our fully licensed immigration advisers can provide you with up to date information and walk you through advice.
Below is a list of the visas and migration options that we can help you with.
Assists you in coming over to New Zealand for a holiday or to stay in New Zealand temporarily. It is usually for visiting friends and relatives as well as sightseeing or could be for a dependent of a work visa or a student visa holder.
This enables a client to gain primary, secondary as well as tertiary education in New Zealand. Auckland South Immigration Consultants Limited liaises with various recognised Tertiary Institutions to assist in career development in many occupations